Alford Executive Search believes that the single most important factor contributing to the success of an organization is the ability to hire and retain outstanding people who can get the job done. While this may sound simple, it is profoundly complex and requires an approach designed to hire the best people, not just fill a job.
Our search philosophy and approach are based upon the following key principles:
- For a new hire to achieve success, success must be clearly defined. Finding the best person requires an in-depth definition of the performance desired from that person – performance objectives that support your organization’s goals.
- Past performance is the greatest predictor of future success.
- A wide net alone does not guarantee the best candidates. Sourcing strategies must be multi-leveled, targeted and creative. Alford Executive Search built an enormous network of relationships in its 13 years as a division of The Alford Group. In addition, we are able to tap into the broader network built by The Alford Group throughout its entire 34-year history as we search and source for candidates. We utilize both proactive and reactive methods.
- Chemistry counts, but not without the performance to go with it. Emotion and intuition are influencers in the hiring decision but they should never be the drivers.
- The hiring decision is a career choice for both the candidate and the employer and as such should be handled in a consultative and professional manner.
In finding talent, our typical searches include Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director, VP/Director of Resource Development, Chief Financial and Chief Information Officer, Director of Marketing, and other key leadership positions.
Our track record of successful national and local searches and our long-term client relationships are proof that our philosophy and approach deliver the desired results.
Whether you are looking for full Retained Executive Search services, support to an in-house process, search coaching, executive coaching, or interim staffing on a short or long term basis, we can help!